Friday, May 18, 2007

Portland Rose Garden

My husband and I lived in Portland, Oregon for three years. One of our favorite spots in the city was (and still is) the Portland Rose Garden. It is a spectacular place.

Within the park is the International Rose Test Garden, which is the oldest official, continuously operated public rose test garden in the United States. The primary purpose of the garden is to serve as a testing ground for new rose varieties.

A few months before we moved, I spent a some time roaming the beautiful gardens and snapped a few pictures. Portland has been on my mind lately, so I thought I would resurrect my old photos from that day in September of 2003.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live in Portland. I have to agree with you--the Rose Garden is spectacular! I also love the Japanese Gardens here.

pinkbathtub said...

Ooh, I love the Japanese Garden too!