Friday, July 14, 2006

You never know where inspiration is going to come from...

Being holed up in my studio for four days straight in full-on card production mode can make one go a little stir crazy. Not that having work to do is a bad thing...quite the contrary. So, yesterday during a much needed break, I browsed through the latest Gourmet magazine (which I just love) and came across a gorgeous photo of a shrimp and vegetable dish. This sparked me to revisit a shrimp drawing I had done a while back. I pulled it out and started carving a new block. Because, you know, I really had time to start on a new design in the middle of fulfilling 4 orders...

Well, this is the fruits of my labor. The outside says "A Little Note..." Get it? Little/shrimp...ha...see, I was going a little batty yesterday! The inside reads "to say hi." If you are just dying to have one, it can be purchased on my Etsy site here.

I am also working on the blank version which will of course be called "shrimp cocktail." Oh, and I foresee some new recipe cards...

3 comments:

ktgarvai said...

I love these "little" guys. It is amazing what you can do in a little bit of time. I also like the idea of making recipe cards with them. how fun!

Tamsin said...

I meandered here from print and pattern, love your cards - and I also love your 'pink bathtub' name - it's great!

pinkbathtub said...

Thanks for the nice comments!